At the Basildon school site, this half-term’s focus is ‘Mind your language’. Children will be reminded by all staff to think about the language used, specifically to stop swearing.
At our Romford school site, this half term’s focus is ‘dress code’. As a reminder, the school’s dress code is as follows:
The following items are not allowed:
- Shorts, skirts and dresses less than knee length
- See-through clothing, for example see-through blouses or leggings or tight-fitting clothing
- Strapless, off the shoulder or ‘string-strapped’ tops
- Cropped and/or clothing which is revealing (eg, exposing bare midriffs, ripped jeans)
- Clothing which reveals underwear
- Balaclava or face masks. Students will also be told to keep hoods down.
- Flip-flops, sliders or backless footwear, due to health and safety issues
- Clothing, hats or baseball caps with offensive logos or promoting illegal substances, political statements or movements.